5-7 & 8-11 Years
We believe that you should have fun while you are learning, and that goes double for our younger students.
The children enjoy interactive games to develop skill, confidence, co-ordination and focus. We also make sure they gain the tools, physical and verbal, to deal appropriately with bullying. Our bully buster program gives children the tools to deal appropriately with bullies and children also learn how to focus their attention and respect their peers.
Evolution Jujutsu children develop –
• Social skills – getting along with peers and the meaning of ‘respect’
• Discipline – concentration, self-control, better study habits
• Commitment – finish what you start
• Positive self-image – healthy attitude toward self and others
• Physical Conditioning – co-ordination, balance, flexibility, fitness
• Situational awareness – recognise and avoid danger
• Leadership – confidence, independence and courtesy.
Silver Dragons (5-7 years) are introduced to the martial arts environment through fun drills and activities. The martial arts skills taught concentrate on falling and breaking falls, blocking, using verbal skills to stop bullies, and awareness of their surroundings in order to get help quickly if they need it.
Attention is also paid to good manners, sportsmanship and concentration, and we encourage responsible behaviours, kindness and helpfulness.
Golden Dragon (8-11 years) classes are run along similar lines to Silver Dragons, with attention also on improving levels of fitness and flexibility. Our martial arts training assists with developing good study skills and emotional development.